According to Napoleon Hill’s Classic, “Think And Grow Rich”,
FAITH is the “eternal elixir” which gives life, power, and action to the impulse of thought!
We’ve been told throughout the ages that we should have faith in this or that, but until I read this book, I wasn’t clear that faith is actually something you can induce, or even how that might be possible. In fact he clearly states, FAITH IS A STATE OF MIND WHICH MAY BE INDUCED BY AUTO-SUGGESTION (or affirmations). It is a well known fact that one comes, finally, to BELIEVE whatever one repeats to one’s self, whether the statement be true or false. If a man repeats a lie over and over, he will eventually accept the lie as truth. Moreover, he will BELIEVE it to be the truth. Every man is what he is, because of the DOMINATING THOUGHTS which he permits to occupy his mind. Hill also goes on to teach us that;
- FAITH may be developed, where it does not already exist.
- Have Faith in yourself; Faith in the Infinite.
- FAITH is the starting point of all accumulation of riches!
- FAITH is the basis of all “miracles,” and all mysteries which cannot be analyzed by the rules of science!
- FAITH is the only known antidote for FAILURE!
- FAITH is the element, the “chemical” which, when mixed with prayer, gives one direct communication with Infinite Intelligence.
- FAITH is the element which transforms the ordinary vibration of thought, created by the finite mind of man, into the spiritual equivalent.
- FAITH is the only agency through which the cosmic force of Infinite Intelligence can be harnessed and used by man.
Now I don’t know about you, but I’ve consciously used affirmations at times throughout my life and never really experienced much success UNTIL I used a slight variation of affirmations as suggested by Tony Robbins. He says to activate your body as well as your mind and he renames this method of developing faith as “using incantations”.